Tuesday, August 16, 2011

BLARGH

For every one thing I get accomplished for this wedding, five more things pile up. I feel like I'm walking blindfolded through a maze of fire, and my outstretched arms are desperately feeling for anything to get me through it.

I know a lot of wonderful family and friends are offering anything and everything they can do to help, but curse this blasted control freak inside of me that wants everything done the way I see it in my head. It's definitely a catch 22: I have so much on my plate that it's overwhelming, but I fear if I unburdon it onto someone else, I'll freak out even more because it's out of my control.

Not to say that I don't enjoy some of it. I have no doubt relished my numerous quiet walks through Michael's where I gather ideas and decorations. And even though the invitations were all handmade by me, and it took many days of sweating, ripping, tearing, tying, printing, stuffing, and cursing at the printer, the finished product and the pride I take in my work was definitely worth it all. I also love my wings, another product handmade by yours truly. I know that if I were to settle for store-bought wings, deep down I wouldn't be completely satisfied with them.

I will definitely be happy when this is over and done with, and I can bask in the finished product (even though from every bride I've heard from, they say the actual wedding is over in the blink of an eye) I want to put on the wedding of the century, Royal and Kardashian weddings be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment